These things happen! If you need to cancel your event, don't worry, Purplepass makes it easy to cancel, reschedule and make the necessary changes all within your account.
Promoters who need to cancel an event have a few different options they can offer to their guests.
- Nonprofit events can use their ticket as a tax-deductible donation
- Offer exchanges or ticket transfers to another show time and/or date
- “Mark an event as cancelled” in which all customers are automatically refunded and emailed an update. ** This function is irreversible. If you are using PayPal to receive funds, you will need to cancel the event on Purplepass AND refund everyone from your PayPal account directly.
Changing your event date
Instead of cancelling your event, you can also update your even to a different date.
To do this
(1) Log in to your Purplepass account
(2) select “Edit” on the event you need to change
(3) adjust the date of your event
(4) at the top of Ticket Pricing and Options you can change the “Ticket Sales Start at” date to a date in the future
(5) scroll to the bottom and select “Update Event”
Refund an order in your account
You can apply refunds directly through
FAQs about event refunds
"How can I refund an order in the box office?"
- Click the “Search Orders” tab
- When you locate their order, you will see a refund button
- Select "Refund" to refund their order
"How can I refund assigned seating?"
- Log in to your Purplepass promoter dashboard
- Select “Search Orders” in the top navigation bar
- Locate the order and select “Refund”
"What happens if the event is cancelled or postponed?"
If you mark your event as cancelled, all customers will receive an automatic refund.
"What is Purplepass' refund policy?"
Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information on refunds.
"Will guests receive a refund if they paid by PayPal?"
"What is your policy on service fees?"
Check out our support pages for more answers to your questions regarding event changes. For any other questions you can also send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-316-8559.